I was not expecting new release before OOW, but Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c R2 (220.127.116.11) is released today. Below are some of the new features and enhancements coming with EM12c R2:
- EM CLI Verbs Available in the Software Library
- Enhanced Repository Page
- New Oracle Management Service Page
- Consolidated Agent Management Page
- Incident Manager Updates (support for bulk operations)
- Better support for Fusion Middleware, Cloud Management and Virtualization
- Heterogeneous (Non-Oracle) Management (Metadata Plug-In Support)
If you have already EM12c (18.104.22.168) installed, Oracle offers only the 1-system upgrade method. The upgrade happens on the same host, so there will be a reasonable downtime. On the other hand, the upgrade process seems pretty straight forward (I hope I will test and blog soon).
EM12c R2 comes with “Upgrade Agents Console”. So you can select one or more Oracle Management Agents 12c Release 1 (22.214.171.124) and upgrade them to 12c R2 easily. It is a must-have feature!
It’s also good to see that Oracle released EM12c R2 for all supported platforms at the same time. You can download the EM12c R2 for Linux x86 (32-bit & 64-bit), Solaris (SPARC & x86-64), IBM AIX (Power 64-bit) and Windows (64-bit).
EM12c Documents: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/index.htm